Monday, December 27, 2010

Daily Reminder # 210


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. 


Today's reminder is kind of all "me, me me," but it's all I've got at the moment. My apologies. It was  a good day. I spent quite a while doing reiki - for my friend Sara and my niece's cat Simon and a couple of other mini sessions on other people - and did a mini Netflix marathon of Season 1 of Eureka, a show I like very much. Then Nate and Dan came by for a short visit and brought me a Christmas present.... a 32 inch TV much newer and bigger than what I had. They rearranged the furniture a little so not only is the screen 12 inches bigger, but I can see it.... a novel concept in my house since the old one sat directly behind the computer screen. How interesting to see what I'm listening to. Interesting, isn't it,  that even though the universe didn't come through with the 22" flat screen I've been pitching for with my pre-gratitude, it did bring me an awesome new TV which I can actually watch. How cool is that? Danny also did a toy round-up for Angel so I have a big bag of ammunition for her to watch fly by and occasionally actually chase. Angel's not too happy about the TV. She liked to lie on top of the old one and I don't think this one is going to be comfortable for that. But I'm very stunned and grateful.  It was a such a non-Christmas on my end this year. All anybody got was a bag of mixed nuts. I didn't do my usual thing at Greater Good.com or buy anything for myself and yet I have still be so richly gifted. Wow.


Weatherwise, it has been a pretty good day too. The 10-12 inches of snow predicted has shrunk down to only 1-3. I'm very happy. New York City is expecting 14-16 inches. Whew! This is especially happy news since the man who usually digs me out is in prison. Not sure if it was DUI or fighting while intoxicated. Whatever it was, he won't be clearing my snow this winter. Lucky for me, my neighbors are very kind and have set up a system for dealing with Shawn's absence. 






Some things I'm grateful for today (items in red are advance gratitude to encourage the universe to grant my wishes... something like that...)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Nate and Dan
  • my new TV
  • tons of cat toys
  • my furnace
  • insulation
  • indoor plumbing
  • my little Christmas tree
  • reiki
  • angels
  • Dennis Puffett
  • laughter
  • my Bose sound system
  • my big Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes win
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • my Canon Powershot with 12 pixels and 15-20x zoom
  • my clothes dryer
  • winning lottery tickets
  • laughter
  • visitors
  • less snow than expected
  • neighbors who shovel my snow
  • my computer
  • my cane
  • legs that still shuffle me around
  • my red chair
  • ibuprofen
  • my camera
  • beauty
  • my house/home
  • my SSD
  • the 5 senses
  • love
  • hope
  • life



HAVE A GREAT DAY!
May it be full of happy surprises!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A good Christmas, I would say. Of course, at my age, any day I experience is a grand day. In case I don't get back before the new year, may 2011 bring you all of your heart's desires.

weirsdo said...

Glad your holidays are shaping up happy. I am wishing for a clothes dryer, too!