Friday, December 24, 2010

Daily Reminder # 207


Thought I'd give tonight to Neale Donald Walsh again (what would I do without him?).  This was an odd one and very different. Something that I probably need to hear and think about. I'm prone to think of myself as someone who has failed to meet the challenges of my disability. I have not powered through life. I do not hobble out into the world bravely facing my panic and my pain. I cower at home alone waging war with the part of me who feels frightened and lonely and defeated and fears wheel chairs and nursing homes and dementia. Quite a number of people tell me they think I'm very brave. I think they are crazy, lying, or just too fond of me to see the truth. Anyway, here's what Neale Donald Walsh says God wants us to know on this subject.  And of course illness isn't the only challenge we face in this life... alas...  Hmmmm. 





On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
..that illness is not a sign of spiritual weakness, but of
spiritual strength.

When we fall ill there are some who will say, "Why
did you create that for yourself?" They might convince
you to see it as a sign of spiritual weakness or failure.
It is not. It is a sign of spiritual strength.

All challenges are a sign a spiritual strength, and of
the readiness of the Soul to move on; to evolve even
further.
Love, Your Friend....
neale





Some things I'm  grateful for today: (items in green are things I want to be grateful for... hints to the Universe to provide them.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Schwans (my main food supply)
  • the kind garbage man who comes to the door for my garbage
  • a clean bathroom 
  • orange pineapple smoothies
  • cottage cheese and lime yogurt with gogi berries
  • my  little Christmas tree
  • Netflix/the movie How to Train Your Dragon
  • Janet, who delivers my mail
  • plastic garbage bags
  • my telephone
  • my answering machine
  • water
  • apple cider
  • Pandora Radio
  • music
  • my Bose sound system
  • my Canon Powershot with pixels and zoom galore
  • my big Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes win
  • my clothes dryer
  • winning lottery tickets
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • my 22" Vizio flat screen TV
  • my camera
  • friends
  • fellow bloggers (even though I ignore them)
  • beautiful skies
  • that my blog sometimes makes people feel good/better
  • Dennis Puffett
  • reiki
  • angels
  • my furnace
  • my cane
  • my red chair
  • my desk chair
  • my mattress
  • my funny little Christmas tree with its twinkling lights
  • blankets, especially the one Lorraine gave me years ago
  • the 5 senses
  • laughter
  • life



HAVE A GREAT DAY!
OWN YOUR STRENGTH!

2 comments:

Argent said...

Illness certainly is a challenge.

Don't beat yourself up about not somehow 'conquering' it or fighting through it, you can only do your best in any situation.

We live in a world where comparisons are always being made about us. Oooh, look at her, why isn't she as brave/bold/active/noble etc., as that woman down the raod which has the same illness?

Same illness, maybe, but not the same person having it.

Rambing inanely now, sorry.

All I'm saying is if you feel you've let yourself down, think on this:

- is this your idea or what you imagine other people think?
- If it's your own opionion then remember it is just another opinion and you may ignore it just like anyone else's
- Fix it or forgive it.

Raven said...

Ha, Argent. You have hit the nail on the head and not rambling inanely at all. The critical voice in my head is almost always my mother. She never honored me when I was ill. Unless I had a raging fever or was dripping blood, she accused me of pretending. When I first injured my legs, I was in so much pain that I was seeing stars, but I wasn't sure I wasn't just being a big baby.

In the end, I am who I am and that's all I can be.