Saturday, July 02, 2011

daily Reminder # 397


Well, late again and don't have anything to say, so I thought I'd let Neale Donald Walsh do the talking for me.  This particular message from God, struck a chord in me. Back a life-time ago when I was living in New York, still leaving the house and still experiencing panic attacks, I was big on trying to pretend that I was ok.  I later came to think of it as "taking the elephant in the living room out for walks." It was clear to everyone that something was profoundly wrong. The only person I was fooling was myself. It would have been easier for me and everyone if I had just admitted that I was so paralyzed with fear that I could barely walk, that my body was so rigid that movement was physical agony. Not owning it, made everyone else more uncomfortable than if I had spoken the truth... and it only fed my own panic. I don't think truth - good or bad - ever really stays hidden, though sometimes our efforts confuse others and make our own confusion and pain worse.





On this day of your life, dear friend, 
believe God wants you to know...
...that you cannot find or create a costume big enough
to hide your true self from anyone.

  In truth, we're all wearing The Emperor's New Clothes. 
We parade before the world naked--thinking t
hat no one can see us. Why not just be proudly 
revealed, and authentically who we are?

And do not worry about being rejected and alone. It is

the real you that everyone falls in love with--and that
God adores.



Love, Your Friend.... 
neale



Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to encourage the Creative Forces of the Universe to leap to action and bring me cool stuff like a dryer and a truckload of money....and hopefully soon.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • sunshine
  • tiger lillies
  • toy mice
  • fans
  • lemonade
  • bagels and cream cheese
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • Schwans
  • my camera
  • ear phones
  • Pandora radio
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • a wet cloth on my neck to stay cool
  • my kitchen
  • the microwave
  • water
  • SSD
  • food stamps
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a paid off mortgage
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • a clothes dryer
  • Nintendo
  • a Bose sound system
  • seeing red items turn black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • Vitamin D-3
  • IP-6
  • Ibuprofen
  • indoor plumbing
  • computer games
  • paper towels
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy and successful
  • the USA
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • the US mail
  • email
  • the joy of singing
  • music
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • the aroma of white sage
  • matches
  • my rock collection
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my mattress
  • my cane
  • my new walker/chair
  • that my legs still wobble me from room to room
  • butterflies
  • birds
  • tiger lillies
  • hasta flowers
  • humor
  • laughter
  • poetry
  • inspiration
  • books
  • Netflix
  • hope
  • resilience
  • compassion
  • passion
  • love
  • life

May You See Your Own Beauty and Rejoice in It

No comments: