Sunday, July 31, 2011

Daily Reminder # 424

The glass on my door is so dirty that the camera resists
focusing... that and red seems to bother it, but it's always
a thrill to me see these guys. They usually don't linger, but
junior was on the porch (see below) so Dad hung out too.


Beautiful weather here today.  Sparrow Killer has broken his truce with me, though I don't know if he made another kill, just that he was back under the deck yesterday afternoon.  Other than that, the deficit "talks" have me in a pretty dark place, so I will just offer gratitude today, I think, and lots of pictures. 
























Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to charm the Creative Forces of the universe to be even more generous to me.)


  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little house
  • no humidity
  • fans
  • water
  • my camera
  • birds
  • bird seed
  • sunshine
  • Schwans
  • lemon sherbert
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy and successful
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • my back yard
  • my back door
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • paper towels
  • Netflix
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a clothes dryer
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • Nintendo
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • paid off mortgage
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • beauty
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • the aroma of white sage
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still get me around with help
  • indoor plumbing
  • electricity
  • music
  • the joy of singing
  • Pandora radio
  • ear phones
  • computer games
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the ability to think
  • that I can't act on my desire to see the members of the Tea Party wiped from the face of the earth
  • the possibility of invoking the 14th amendment
  • my niece's generosity in offering to help me if the government blows my life up
  • resilience
  • determination
  • hope
  • that in this moment I am ok
  • food in the refrigerator
  • today
  • laughter (not so easy to come by at the moment)
  • humor
  • love
  • hope (I know I'm repeating myself0
  • life

WISHING US ALL PEACE AND PROSPERITY

No comments: