Friday, July 29, 2011

Daily Reminder # 422

(Please scroll down for the Weekly Wordzzle Challenge. Accidentally posted it a day early.)

Think I will just do gratitude this morning. Went to bed too late even by my pathetic standards and got up very late. I have a problem I'm not sure how to deal with but it has me pretty upset. A feral cat - we haven't had man around here in the past - has figured out that if he hides under my deck, the birds are easy picking. He picked one easily yesterday while I was watching. Now I feel like I need to either figure out a way to screen that off (and get someone to do it for me) or discourage the birds from coming around. What makes this an extra bitter pill is yesterday when I first went back there there were maybe 20 sparrows and red wing black birds have started visiting and the blue jays and cardinals (though they don't stay). Anyway, I'm pretty shaken by the event. I love cats but I don't love this one very much. I know he is doing what comes naturally. I wish I was capable of trapping him for neutering etc, but I'm not so now he is just another burden on my worry list. I guess he can replace termites who were taken off last week. Apparently we are too far north for termites to be a big issue. Whew!








Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to persuade the Creative Forces to help me create my vision for a better life.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • fans
  • birds
  • my camera
  • iced tea
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • google
  • ear phones
  • Maurice Hinchey (my congressman)
  • water
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • my rock collection
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • the US mail
  • kitty hugs
  • my cane
  • my chair/walker
  • that my legs still take me from room to room with a little help
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • Nintendo
  • paid off mortgage
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a clothes dryer
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • winning lottery numbers
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • Netflix
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • music
  • the joy of singing
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • hearing
  • the telephone
  • friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • Vitamin D-3
  • IP-6
  • ideas
  • words
  • wordzzles
  • imagination
  • inspiration
  • resilience
  • determination
  • my SSD
  • food stamps
  • hope
  • love
  • life

WISHING YOU A LOVELY DAY!

No comments: