Sunday, July 24, 2011

Daily Reminder # 417

Still too hot to sit at the back door, though it's a bit better today, so just some poetry and some gratitude.  Also a request that you send some good thoughts to my friend Sara's husband and children. Sara L. died at 4:30 yesterday afternoon.  I met her on a message board when I first got my computer. She became part of a group of women who formed our own group and talked about politics, health, religion and a wide range of topics. Unfortunately one of the women in the group was highly unbalanced and became a literal non-cyber threat to others. I was blessed to retain friendships with three women from that group. A friend who helped me get through my days in Arizona, another friend in Greece (who shares my sister's birthday) and Sara, who introduced me to a group of truly brilliant minds who email about politics and other things. I'll miss this lovely passionate woman who I never met but who impacted my life deeply none-the-less.











Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in read are pre-gratitude, an effort to inspire in the Creative Forces of the Universe an intense desire to hear and respond to my needs, hopes and desires.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • FANS!!!
  • temps still hot but 11 degrees less
  • water
  • a wet rag on the back of my neck
  • giant ice cubes
  • coffee and Int'l delight
  • Fareed Zakaria
  • Sam-e
  • Omega3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Ibuprofen
  • words
  • poetry
  • Billy Collins
  • Kevin Young
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • ear phones
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • Netflix
  • my friends (cyber and flesh)
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy and successful
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • electricity
  • music
  • the joy of singing
  • light
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • my little house
  • indoor plumbing
  • birds
  • the view from my front window
  • the view from my back door
  • google
  • You-Tube
  • Netflix
  • a clothes dryer
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • paid off mortgage
  • Nintendo
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • seeing the red list turn black
  • winning lottery numbers
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • the late Sara L.
  • opinions
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • creative people
  • beauty
  • books
  • breezes
  • therapy
  • personal treasures
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • hearing
  • smell
  • the aroma of white sage
  • Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still hold me up and wobble me from room to room
  • SKYPE
  • AIM
  • my rock collection
  • my windows
  • humor
  • laughter
  • resilience
  • determination
  • hope
  • optimism (having a hard time maintaining it right now)
  • my SSD (which hopefully will not be lost to political game play)
  • bridges (TV is on)
  • NYC
  • museums
  • passion
  • compassion
  • love
  • life
and this one for Sara....


Wishing You a Peaceful Day
Wrapped in Love



No comments: