Monday, July 11, 2011

Daily Reminder # 405


Yesterday was a very  nice birthday. Quiet on the whole but rich in greetings from friends, a long, good chat with a friend who lives nearby, a chat with my friend in Greece and - best of all - a video SKYPE call from my niece in Arizona and her two children. It was the first time I have really gotten to interact with them in a meaningful way and it was a gift beyond measure. Made me very happy. Even the weather was nice enough that I didn't have to seal the heat out and sit in the dark (my technique for dealing with heat and humidity). Alas, it has gotten muggy this evening, but birthday weather was perfection. Oh - and I wasn't the Lone Wordzzler this week. So it was a splendid day on many fronts.




Some things I'm grateful for today:  (items in red are pre-gratitude, an exercise in trying to persuade the Creative Forces of the Universe that I really, really DO deserve a clothes dryer and flowers and truckloads of money.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • fans 
  • SKYPE Video calls
  • SKYPE
  • the telephone
  • water
  • email
  • e-cards
  • Facebook (grudgingly)
  • electricity
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • the joy of singing
  • the faces of those I love
  • laughter
  • my rock collection
  • my back door
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • Vitamin D-3
  • IP-6
  • Ibuprofen
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the Sci-Fi channel
  • my camera
  • Netflix
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still allow me to hobble around with help
  • coffee and International Delight
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • my refrigerator
  • my microwave
  • the internet
  • a clothes dryer
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • Nintendo
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • zero balance on my credit card
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • winning lottery numbers
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • a paid off mortgage
  • blind for my living room window
  • new curtains
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • my computer
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • a damp cloth on the back of the neck on a hot day
  • crocs
  • paper towels
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Katgo litter
  • bottles
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • smell
  • touch
  • the smell of white sage
  • beauty
  • witch hazel
  • a good birthday
  • imagination
  • inspiration
  • ideas
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • anticipating the last Harry Potter movie
  • laughter (may be repeating myself but I really like laughing)
  • hope
  • resilience
  • determination
  • friends
  • good conversation
  • love
  • life
May Your Day be Rich in Love and Beauty!

No comments: