Thursday, March 22, 2012

Daily Reminder # 622



It was in the 70s again today.  It is supposed to get colder again, but late at night as I write this, it is still warm enough to leave the windows open, though the temp has dropped to around 50.  I spent a lot of time at the back door. I put some seed and some old healthy cereal I knew I was not going to eat out on the porch but nobody took advantage of it - at least not yet. Mr. Woodchuck (Chauncy) is out of hibernation and made at least three visits to my stump and did some nibbling on my flowering quince. And there were a few birds who made an appearance. The quince is getting knobbier and knobbier and the forsythia is beginning to show signs of wanting to emerge. Oddly, my hasta is still just a pile of straw. It's interesting that last year at this time, the view from my windows was snow. I prefer singing birds, wood chucks and blossoms myself. 






I hadn't really planned to do another Neale Donald Walsch so soon, but this seemed a perfect reflection on a day enriched by the wonder and delight of the nature outside my door. So...



On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
....that it is the sweet, simple things of life 
which are the real ones after all.

Laura Ingalls Wilder said that, and she was right. 
This seems such simple stuff, such simplistic knowledge, 
yet when we truly embrace it as our living reality, 
our day-to-day lives begin to change in very important ways.

So take a look today and this evening at what sweet, 
simple things of life you may be looking past, 
or right over, and neither seeing nor enjoying.  
Look closely.  
They are likely to be right in front of your face -- 
something you're looking through every day

Love, Your Friend.... 
neale





Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to embrace abundance and possibilities and invite the Creative Forces of the Universe to come out and play with me ... and to give me lots of cool stuff.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • open windows and mild weather
  • birds and budding flowers
  • woodchucks
  • my little coffee maker
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • water
  • pasta and cheese
  • Schwans
  • Margaret
  • the garbage man and his extra steps each week
  • Pandora radio
  • music
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • my wonderful Bose speakers
  • the boom box by my bed
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • computer games
  • email
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • that they seem to love me as I love them
  • friends
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • the Sci-Fi Channel
  • PBS
  • Comedy Central (though Stewart & Colbert are off this week. Sigh)
  • Netflix
  • my back door
  • the view from my front window
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me from room to room
  • Tara playing and head butting
  • Angel hugs (even when they are inconvenient)
  • reiki
  • miracles
  • Angels
  • visiting Archangels
  • the rare paying reiki client 
  • Sweet Itsabella kitty (recipient of paid reiki) Itsie was my first animal client. She always responds wonderfully. Sweet, tough little kitty.
  • my grabber
  • a clothes dryer
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • a mattress for the back bedroom
  • a party/company for my 65th birthday in July
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • more flowers/landscaping for my back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million/year for life
  • a paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • Nintendo
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • paying reiki clients
  • company/companionship
  • a whistling vessel "blow"
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • Dennis Puffett
  • Healing with the Masters
  • interesting wrkters/speakers (thanks Anna)
  • my mattress
  • Miracle Foot Repair Cream
  • indoor plumbing
  • my electric toothbrush
  • toothpaste
  • Listerine
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Dr. Ihhiru probiotic soap
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • the love of two good kitties
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the capacity to think
  • resilience
  • hope
  • words
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • poetry
  • literature
  • eye drops
  • SPRING
  • my flowering quince
  • daffodils
  • possibilities
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
Our woodchuck friend is just out of hibernation,
I think and is still quite slender.
WISHING YOU A DAY IN WHICH ALL YOU NOTICE
IS THE BEAUTY AROUND YOU
AND ALL YOU FEEL IS LOVE

No comments: