Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day Off


I have Spring Fever/Daylight Savings something or other. Spent a short time at the back door and was delighted to see that while winter is still showing, the harbingers of Spring are afoot as well. No robins yet, but the crows are active, and the turkey vultures are soaring overhead again. My hasta still looks like a heap of dead straw but the flowering quince has got its pink knobs showing. Spring may not be afoot, but she is stirring. I'm looking forward to it. I'm reminded looking at these few photos that every season - of the earth of the heart - has it's beauty.




I'm always amazed that what seemed like a pile of straw to me
when I first moved in, starts showing green spikes and then turns
into a huge green bubble of life.
The beauty of decay....

BE GOOD TO YOURSELF! 
YOU DESERVE IT!

No comments: