Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Daily Reminder # 679



I would ask you for prayers for my friend E and my friend Rosalie, both of whom have lost beloved elder kitties this week. E's friend Red passed on Sunday and Rosalie's Mikey passed last night. When our kitties get old and tired, we know it has to happen, but it is still a great loss.  




My neighbor came by to return the cat food they borrowed a few days ago and we ended up talking for quite a while, so I don't have many photos today. I haven't seen her for quite a while and she shared with me the story of her father's last days and how utterly dreadful the medical system treated him.  This was a man who worked his whole life, had savings and insurance. Went into the hospital for a relatively minor treatment, had a stroke on the operating table which was mis-diagnosed, was then given an assortment of drugs which made him sicker and amounted to torturing both him and his daughter, who though she fought for his good got over-ridden more often than not. It brought back memories of some of the things that were done to my mother and the way I saw the elderly treated when I visited her in the hospital in her last days. It's not a pretty picture.  I do not and never will understand the reluctance in my country to offer Universal Health Coverage. It wouldn't solve all the problems with our health care, but it would go a long ways towards doing so. My neighbor's father was in the city. She wanted to move him closer but because of the way the health care system works she could not do so. As a result she was away from her husband and daughter for almost 9 months while she watched the hospital kill her father. He died - in the end - of a staph infection caused by the hospital's negligence. She wanted to sue them. Lawyers can't proceed without an autopsy. Took almost a year to get one. Too long the lawyer says. Criminal, I say. But I apologize for ranting. I'm hoping that I manage to just die in bed and avoid hospitals and nursing homes. What will be will be. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring today's advice from Neale Donald Walsh to whatever situation befalls me.







On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
...that you cannot tailor-make your situation 
in life, but you 
can tailor-make your 
attitudes to fit those situations.

World famous motivational speaker 
Zig Ziglar said that, and 
he was profoundly 
right. How you shape your attitude is not
a small part of how you shape your life...
it is the only part.

Does it sound as if I'm saying that attitude 
is everything?  
Good. Because I am.

Love, Your Friend....
Neale

The intruder is quite comfortable on my porch. She
finds my desire for her departure to be beneath
her notice, though somewhat annoying.

Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to embrace, entice and welcome abundance into my life and to get the Creative Forces of the Universe to like and befriend me and want to give me my heart's and soul's desires.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little house
  • my warm robe
  • coffee and International Delight
  • water
  • granola bars
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • the telephone
  • my camera
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • SKYPE
  • Google
  • YouTube
  • my friend Ellie, whose birthday is today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  • all of my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • my back yard
  • the view from my front window
  • neighbors
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • Netflix
  • a lovely shower
  • Nexxus shampoo
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • litter box changed and garbage out
  • Katgo
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • beauty
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the boom box by my bed
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the sound of the human voice
  • the sound of Native Flutes and drums
  • lavender
  • white sage
  • all spice
  • the right to vote even when (from my perspective) we get it wrong
  • my mattress
  • blankets
  • more flowers/landscaping in my back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year. Either would be splendid
  • a safe, inexpensive way to hook my dryer in now that I have one
  • a gathering with the people I love for my 65th birthday
  • company/companionship
  • Nintendo
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • blinds for the front window
  • new curtains
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • more paying reiki clients
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • Healing with the Masters
  • tingshas
  • the garbage man
  • the mail carriers
  • my grabber
  • enough money to pay my bills
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • Stephen Colbert
  • Jon Stewart
  • humor/satire - the ability to make something awful also something you can laugh about
  • paper towels
  • PBS
  • the Sci-Fi channel
  • words
  • ideas
  • literature
  • poetry
  • EISEP
  • chipmunks, sparrows and woodchucks
  • my electric toothbrush
  • Listerine
  • my teeth
  • my body
  • breath
  • my heart
  • my brain
  • my fingers
  • my ears
  • pot pie
  • ice cream
  • resilience
  • imagination
  • inspiration
  • determination
  • hope
  • possibilities
  • promise
  • the ability to be of help to someone
  • a bunch of things I'm not remembering at the moment but I have to stop and do some reiki and just get this posted
  • love
  • laughter
  • gratitude
May Your Wishes Be Granted!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, E!

No comments: