Monday, June 25, 2012

Daily Reminder # 697


Gorgeous, windy day here. Apparently wild-life is on strike from visiting my back door, but mercifully Angel did some of her finest posing in compensation. I wonder if that makes here a scab....  Think I'm going to rely on Neale Donald Walsch again. This is a good one which I'm so-so about living up to. I'm pretty good about most of it, but I do have a long memory about certain kinds of things and really would like to bury some stuff that still lurks in the shadows. I mean, I don't sit around brooding about old hurts (well I almost never do that).  I DO however remember them sometimes. I do have trouble moving past it, once I have been deeply hurt for the 3rd or 4th time by someone I care about. I usually dump those people out of my life... except that I never stop caring about them and then when I think about them, I get hooked into the old hurt and that I can't trust them. Something like that. I mean I don't sit around thinking about old hurts, either. But they are there. Maybe I will have a funeral ceremony for them in preparation for my 65th birthday. (I DARE anyone to forget my 65th birthday. I am not going to let them.)  Imagine the forgiveness I will have to indulge in if they do. Oh, my!



On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...

...that love is sometimes shown in the things you don't
say, don't keep track of, and don't notice.

The greatest kindness is often shown in letting things go.
None of us is perfect, but we can all be perfect friends
and perfect parters by allowing those that we love to 
be imperfect.

Give those around you the "break" that you hope the 
world will give you on your own "bad day" and you'll
never, ever regret it. 
  
Love, Your Friend....

neale




Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are an invocation of abundance, an effort to befriend the Creative Forces of the Universe and my own inner rich kid and to have fun doing so.)
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • my little coffee maker
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • granola bars
  • yogurt
  • my camera
  • my back yard
  • the view from my front window
  • cool (but not too cool) air
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • water
  • paper towels
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • lavender
  • white sage
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • grapes
  • coconut oil
  • broccoli and cheese
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • computer games
  • kitty hugs
  • Charlie Rose
  • PBS
  • the Sci-Fi channel
  • Comedy Central
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • matches
  • indoor  plumbing
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • Healing with the Masters
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • a paid off mortgage
  • thermal blinds for the front window
  • re-arranged furniture
  • more flowers/landscaping for the back yard
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • company/companionship
  • Nintendo (Wii, so I can watch Netfix on the TV without DVDs)
  • a gathering of friends for my 65th birthday
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • a safe, inexpensive way to hook up the dryer
  • more paying reiki clients
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH - or a million a year - or some other hefty sum
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • clean windows
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • my toothbrush
  • my teeth
  • my body
  • breath
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • Pandora radio
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the boom box by my bed
  • my mattress
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • words
  • poetry
  • literature
  • ideas
  • imagination
  • inspiration
  • resilience
  • determination
  • tiger lilies
  • Advil
  • things I am forgetting to list
  • things I give thanks for in my heart
  • enough to eat
  • SSD
  • hope
  • possibilities
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
WISHING YOU A SPLENDID DAY!

No comments: