Saturday, June 30, 2012

Daily Reminder # 702


Just watched another very fine movie... LOST IN TRANSLATION. I did not expect to like it as much as I did. Always a nice surprise.  Hot an yucky here once again. It's 2 am as I'm typing this and it feels like the middle of a hot day... and that's here in the country where it is supposed to cool down at night. For the first time in my life, I find myself wishing for an air conditioner. Yuck.  Maybe it's my approaching antiquity. I have never liked hot weather, especially HUMID hot weather. I used to suffer it with good humor, though. Now it just makes me cranky. If I live to be 75, I suspect I am going to be one cranky old witch.  Because of the weather I was going to skip the back door, but instead visited quite late and was blessed by a visiting bunny.  I'm going to share a Neale Donald Walsch Message from God tonight because I think it's really true. It's part of why my gratitude list is so important to me... because I think life is just a collection of daily miracles.... from the sound of a cat purring, to the trill of running water and indoor plumbing, refrigeration, electricity, and of course bunnies and chipmunks and birds singing. And colors and... the list goes on and on.






 On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...

...that miracles do not, in fact, break the laws of nature.

C.S. Lewis said that, and it is an enormous insight. If
we think that miracles are normal, we will expect them.
And expecting a miracle is the surest way to get one.
  
Love, Your Friend....
neale






As I was typing this reminder, I had Pandora Radio playing and a song came on playing a song ai never heard before by a group I never heard before. I love it. I think it fits with the Mr. Walsch's message, so I'm adding it to the post. Seems to much like synchronicity to ignore sharing it.





Some things I'm grateful for today:  (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to befriend, embrace, entice, invoke and otherwise find abundance... and to make friends with the Creative Forces of the Universe in hopes that they will help me manifest material, emotional and all forms of life's abundant goodness.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • FANS... wish I had more
  • Pandora radio
  • my awesome Bose speakers
  • the joy of listening
  • the joy of singing
  • the discovery of new voices
  • miracles
  • electricity
  • did I mention fans?
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • a wet cloth on my neck
  • iced tea mixed with lemonade
  • granola bars
  • bread and butter
  • water
  • paper towels
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • computer games
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the MUTE button
  • Netflix
  • completed wordzzles
  • words
  • poetry
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • my camera
  • the view from my front window
  • my back yard
  • critters
  • grass and flowers and birds
  • lavender
  • white sage
  • peppermint
  • sight
  • taste
  • touch
  • hearing
  • smell
  • breath
  • my body
  • my grabber
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still wobble me around with help
  • my electric toothbrush
  • Listerine
  • my kitchen
  • the refrigerator
  • indoor plumbing
  • coconut oil
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Nintendo
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • more flowers/landscaping in the back yard
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a CEILING FAN in the bedroom (PLEASE hurry universe)
  • a safe, affordable way to hook my dryer up now that I have one
  • company/companionship
  • thermal blinds for the front window
  • a new (Dutch) front door
  • help rearranging my furniture
  • a gathering of friends for my 65th birthday in 10 days
  • more paying reiki clients
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH or a million a year or some other large sum of money
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of cash (big bills)
  • a paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • lower interest rates
  • one or more whistling vessel gatherings
  • clean windows
  • a mattress for the guest bedroom
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles 
  • Dennis Puffett
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • kind neighbors
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • Dr. Ihhiru probiotic soap
  • resilience
  • determination
  • Advil
  • good movies
  • Google
  • SKYPE
  • YouTube
  • that Obama care was found constitutional
  • President Obama
  • imagination
  • inspiration
  • words
  • ideas
  • an education
  • plastic containers (they may not be ecologically sound but they are handy)
  • my microwave
  • my refrigerator
  • matches
  • hope
  • possibilities
  • things I'm forgetting
  • things I am grateful for in private
  • love
  • laughter
  • life
HAVE A MIRACULOUS DAY!

No comments: