Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Daily Reminder # 232


Not much to say today really, but I thought I'd share an odd thing that has been happening for a while - at least  2 or three weeks - now. I wake up many - not all - mornings with a very old hymn in my head. I'm going to post a video of it. It seems to me like my subconscious (or somebody somewhere) is trying to tell me something. It's a hymn I have always liked, but it isn't like I've been to church recently. My Lutheran hymnal is collecting dust on the bookshelf and I don't think I've heard this particular hymn on any of my Pandora stations, so.... any thoughts? 



That's it from me for the moment.


Some things i'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude, the idea being to give the benevolent forces of the Universe a boost in helping me to manifest my hopes/dreams).

You are gettting sleepy... you will turn the
computer off and go to bed, stopping first
to give my crunchies... 

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Martin Luther King
  • Barack Obama
  • Oprah Winfrey
  • music
  • water
  • my camera
  • reiki
  • angels
  • my Bose sound system
  • winning the HGTV Vermont Dream House
  • a million dollars a year for life from Publisher's Clearinghouse
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • winning lottery tickets
  • a clothes dryer
  • my TV
  • Punny Monday
  • chocolate soy silk
  • the smell of white sage
  • teddy bears 
  • 60 degree days (on the thermostat)
  • HEAP
  • my beautiful kitchen
  • indoor plumbing
  • my washing machine
  • clean clothes
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • legs that still get me from room to room
  • the 5 senses
  • Netflix
  • curiosity
  • google
  • sleep
  • my teeth
  • my electric toothbrush
  • laughter
  • heat
  • my fuzzy robe
  • the heavy cape that Kim gave me
  • my sweater
  • blankets
  • life

I was trying to take her picture and she was fascinated by the reflection
of the camera on the wall.... sigh.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

3 comments:

Argent said...

That's nice old hymn. I haven't heard it in ages. I spontaniously started playing 'Crown Him with Many Crowns' on my sax the other day, no idea how that came about.

You kitty pictures are gorrrrgggeeeooouusss - especially that second one. Her eyes are so focues and she's allconcentration.

sgreerpitt said...

lovely inquisitive expression on kitty's face.

The Bug said...

I love that hymn! I don't know why I know it though - I don't think we sang it in my church while I was growing up.

Perhaps your subconcious is finally getting the point - God only wise! No use you trying to work so hard to figure everything out...