Sunday, January 30, 2011

Daily Reminder # 244


I think I'll keep it simple this evening and just share the video below and some gratitude. I really admire Bill and Melinda Gates and the work they do. Like Jimmy Carter with Habitat for Humanity and some of his other activities, they are just putting a quiet laser focus on problems that can be solved and solving them. It's pretty awesome. Sometimes small actions add up to big results. I'm not really able to give to charity these days, though since I have food to eat, I always feel like I should be doing more when in fact I should probably be asking for help for myself from some of the organizations I want to give something to. But I digress... I'm so grateful for things like GreaterGood.com (aka the Hunger site - and its siblings) and Care2.com which allow me to give a tiny daily free click donation that ultimately adds up if you do it every day.  But I digress again. I'll let Bill Gates speak for himself in this really well done video. I hope people will pass it along and make sure lots of people see it.



Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude - a way of encouraging the Universe to bend to my will.)

How to annoy your human
in one easy lesson....

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Bill and Melinda Gates
  • Jimmy Carter
  • Greater Good.com
  • vaccinations
  • heat
  • plenty of food
  • Peach/Mango yogurt smoothies
  • ice skating
  • cheese
  • water
  • rocks
  • electricity
  • temperatures in the 20s
  • kind neighbors who shovel snow
  • coconut oil
  • reiki
  • angels
  • Ibuprofien
  • wordzzles
  • words
  • language
  • poetry
  • laughter
  • music/Pandora Radio
  • my furnace
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • indoor plumbing
  • winning the HGTV Vermont Dream Home
  • freshly painted walls in my living and bedrooms
  • a Bose sound system
  • winning lottery tickets
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a paid off mortgage
  • a million dollars a year for life from Publisher's Clearinghouse
  • a clothes dryer
  • my camera
  • my TV
  • refrigeration
  • my microwave
  • matches
  • the smell of white sage
  • my computer
  • that people visit my blog
  • my friends
  • my nieces and nephew and their families
  • life


Have a Splendid Day!

No comments: