Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Daily Reminder # 239


Well, I'm calling on Neale Donald Walsh again tonight. This one - on the subject of miracles - is short and sweet but something I have debated with people fairly regularly. Back in my church going days I had a major debate with some of my fellow congregants on the subject of miracles. They felt that miracles "in the Biblical sense" no longer happen.  I thought then and think even more now that they happen all the time. (What is reiki if not a miracle in the Biblical sense?) But even without reiki, to deny miracles is to be dead to the world. We live in a world of daily miracles. The world itself is a miracle. The human body is a miracle. The heart, the lungs, the brain. Cats, dogs, flowers, trees, clouds.... are all miracles. I mean you can't open your eyes (miracles of creation in and of themselves) and not see a miracle or two before breakfast every day. So anyway.... I liked this one, so it's today's daily reminder.




On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
...that miracles do not, in fact, 
break the laws of nature.

C.S. Lewis said that, and 
it is an enormous insight. If
we think that miracles are normal, 
we will expect them.
And expecting a miracle 
is the surest way to get one.


Love, Your Friend....

neale




Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude in hopes that this will encourage the Universe to hear and grant my wishes/hopes/dreams)

Click to enlarge if you want
to see that sweet face bigger.
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • heat (it was minus 12 last night)
  • water
  • indoor plumbing
  • my fuzzy robe and my warm cape
  • earphones
  • my TV
  • peach/mango/yogurt smoothies
  • cheese
  • coffee 
  • my new camera
  • music
  • email
  • Quilly's Punny Monday (I won again! Yeeha!)
  • Keith Olbermann
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • my Bose sound system
  • a million dollars a year for life from Publisher's Clearinghouse
  • winning lottery tickets
  • newly painted living room and bedrooms
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • paid off mortgage
  • winning the PCH Vermont Dream House
  • reiki
  • angels
  • laughter
  • words
  • poetry
  • the ability to read and write
  • games
  • electricity
  • Netflix
  • the US mail
  • life
  • air
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • hope
  • dreams
  • miracles
  • life


Have a Miraculous Day!

1 comment:

quilly said...

Your new camera takes gorgeous pics.

Congrats on winning Punny Monday.

And I do believe that miracles still happen every single day. God is present and active in our world and no matter how folks try, he won't be relegated to ancient history.