Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Daily Reminder # 233


It was a warmer day today, which was very nice... there was melting and roof snow avalanche... but it was also gray and as gloomy as could be, a mix of rain and snow and just generally blah.  I'm reduced to pictures from a few days ago and my brain was pretty much as big a mush of gloom and blah as the world outside, so... I'm giving today's reminder over to Neale Donald Walsh (yet again) and God. Today's reminder is good advice which I have a hard time following. With my head - or maybe it's my heart - I get it, but then there are the other voices or the deep almost in my bones sense of doubt. So I share it wishing I knew how to live it better. My inner doubter is one of those nasty whisperer types, which makes him/her harder to argue with. You know the kind I mean? Not a "that's impossible" that you could argue with, but those little "hmmms." stuff like that. How do you argue with "hmmmmm?"



On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
..that you should act like you expect to 
get into the end zone.

Football coach Joe Paterno said that, and boy, did
he have it right. Nothing substitutes for positive thinking.
Nothing. It is more powerful than all the money, all the
influence, all the 'friends in high places' on earth.

You only need one friend in high places--and you already
have that. So go ahead, expect to get into the end zone.
You'll find that you do, 90% of the time.




Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude - a psychic/psychological message to the Universe to get cooking...)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Dr. Jim
  • reiki
  • angels
  • TV
  • Netflix
  • the US mail
  • my new camera
  • music
  • sleep
  • water
  • peach/mango smoothes
  • the telephone
  • Stephen Colbert (he was brilliant tonight)
  • Jon Stewart
  • laughter
  • my SSD
  • Neale Donald Walsh
  • God
  • winning the HGTV Vermont Dream House
  • a million dollars a year for life from Publisher's Clearinghouse
  • a clothes dryer
  • winning lottery tickets
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • my Bose sound system
  • creativity
  • the internet
  • my legs
  • the five/six senses
  • dreams
  • electricity
  • the ability to read and write
  • indoor plumbing
  • clocks
  • inspiration
  • my friends
  • Aveyond 
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • my redone bathroom
  • possibilities
  • beauty
  • laughter
  • life



Have a Great Day!

May Your Inner Doubter Leave Home

No comments: