Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Daily Reminder # 345


Quiet day in the back yard today, but not a bad one photographically.  I think I'll stick with gratitude this evening. It was a nice day, but I'm tired and I have three people to reiki before I go to sleep... and Tara Grace who's nose continues to be very stuffed up and who - if I were a more functional and richer person - would have gone to the vet weeks ago. Anyway, just gratitude and more pictures than I should post.


Feeder can't get much emptier...
I love the way grackles pick stuff up and carry it around.
They are good posers too....

I looked it up and apparently they are eating nectar and bugs.  Apparently
you can attract them with a hummingbird feeder with the bee guard removed.
Flowering quince seems to be doing the job quite nicely, though. There were
bees and hummingbirds on the quince today too. I love that bush.


Still learning to take hummingbird pics... I kept wondering
why I didn't see the wings and then realized there's a perch.
If you look really carefully, you'll see the little
guy in the center of the picture, wings and all.
This one made me happy. In Native American lore,
hummingbirds are the harbingers of joy. Works for me.
The uninvited guest now visits with some regularity. I saw
him/her twice today, sauntering across my porch then  up
onto the wall... then off stalking something.



Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to inspire in the Creative forces of the Universe an intense desire to reward me for my gratitude with massive infusions of cash and smaller more pragmatic items as well.)

If you look closely, you'll see a blue jay
in the branches. I didn't know he was
there when I took the picture. Nice surprise.

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • the back yard
  • birds
  • my camera
  • my back door
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • music
  • earphones
  • electricity
  • my computer
  • the return of bumble bees
  • sunny days and open windows
  • coffee and International Delight
  • peach/mango yogurt smoothies
  • indoor plumbing
  • running water
  • a lovely shower
  • Dr. Bronner soap
  • shampoo
  • my electric tooth brush
  • my teeth
  • toothpaste
  • Listerine
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • hearing
  • sight
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • winning lottery numbers
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • a truckload of money
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • paid off mortgage
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a Bose sound system
  • Nintendo
  • Netflix
  • reiki
  • angels
  • magic
  • blossoming flowers and trees
  • food
  • my microwave
  • Dennis Puffett
  • Ibuprofen
  • Sam-e
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • kitty crunchies because the make Tara so happy
  • kitty toys because they make Angel so happy
  • kitty hugs
  • computer games
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • humor
  • ideas
  • words
  • poetry
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to think
  • the ability to type
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • the smell of white sage
  • rocks
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • movies
  • soap operas (sort of)
  • Sci-fi channel
  • imagination
  • resilience
  • hope
  • love
  • life


HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

No comments: