Sunday, May 01, 2011

Daily Reminder # 335


Was exchanging some thoughts on grief with a friend tonight and thought I'd look and see what other had to say on the subject in hopes that it might help her through the process of dealing with her loss. I don't know if they will help, but I thought they might. The back yard was generous today so there are lots of pictures (too many again) and my gratitude list.



Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.  ~From a headstone in Ireland
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~Kahlil Gibran
While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates.  You must wait till it be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it.  ~Samuel Johnson


Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak whispers the o'er-fraught heart and bids it break.  ~William Shakespeare
Man, when he does not grieve, hardly exists.  ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin
Even hundredfold grief is divisible by love.  ~Terri Guillemets
Sorrow makes us all children again - destroys all differences of intellect.  The wisest know nothing.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Grief is itself a medicine.  ~William Cowper, Charity
In my Lucia's absenceLife hangs upon me, and becomes a burden;I am ten times undone, while hope, and fear,And grief, and rage and love rise up at once,And with variety of pain distract me.                               ~Joseph Addison

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. ~ Kahlil Gibran
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.  ~Kenji Miyazawa
 Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.  ~From the television show The Wonder Years
 If you're going through hell, keep going.  ~Winston Churchill
 No one ever really dies as long as they took the time to leave us with fond memories.  ~Chris Sorensen
The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him alone, and is, therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost.  ~Arthur Schopenhauer
You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.  ~Jan Glidewell
If  you suppress grief too much, it can well redouble.  ~Moliere
Loss is nothing else but change, and change is Nature's delight.  ~Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
In the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing.  ~Robert Ingersoll
The sorrow which has no vent in tears may make other organs weep.  ~Henry Maudsley
I think this is a titmouse. I had never seen one before.
So far they have come and gone too fast for me to
get a decent photo, but at least I've seen one now..
I would say to those who mourn... look upon each day that comes as a challenge, as a test of courage. The pain will come in waves, some days worse than others, for no apparent reason. Accept the pain. Do not suppress it. Never attempt to hide grief.  ~ Daphne du Maurier
In this sad world of ours, sorrow comes to all, and it often comes with bitter agony. Perfect relief is not possible, except with time. You cannot now believe that you will ever feel better. But this is not true. You are sure to be happy again. Knowing this, truly believing it, will make you less miserable now. I have had enough experience to make this statement.  ~ Abraham Lincoln
The risk of love is loss. The price of loss is grief. ~Hilary Stanton Zunin
Suppressed grief suffocates, it rages within the breast and is forced to multiply its strength.~Ovid 
 Tearless grief bleeds inwardly.  ~Christain Nevell Bovee

While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.  ~John Taylor


Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to entice the Universe to give me present. I especially want that truckload of money. Really. Not kidding. Thanks Universe.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my camera
  • my back yard
  • blue jays
  • a tit mouse
  • chickadees
  • sparrows
  • grackles
  • gold finches
  • chipmunks
  • forsythia
  • flowering quince
  • green grass
  • blue skies
  • my bird feeder
  • my  neighbor's bird feeder
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • coffee and International Delight
  • laughter
  • President Obama's sense of humor
  • Seth Meyer's sense of humor
  • a clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truck load of money
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • a paid off mortgage
  • a Bose sound system
  • Nintendo
  • Netflix
  • reiki
  • angels
  • water
  • music
  • Pandora
  • indoor plumbing
  • apples
  • cheese
  • peach/mango yogurt smoothies
  • rocks
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • books
  • words
  • poetry
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • bagels
  • humor
  • laughter
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • the senses
  • my mattress
  • open windows (even though it was chilly)
  • a couple of days off from doing reiki
  • the internet
  • computer games
  • my computer
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • my neighbors
  • the US mail
  • possibilities
  • hope
  • memories
  • compassion
  • love
  • hope


Wishing You Peace and Comfort

No comments: