Monday, May 23, 2011

Daily Reminder # 357


Just gratitude tonight and some photos.  Back yard has been pretty quiet. But not entirely.  For my amusement this afternoon I looked up some of the birds who have been visiting in a book I have called Animal Speak by Ted Andrews and found some entertaining information and ideas.  I'll share a tiny bit of it below. 


The grosbeak, which has been a new bird for me, for example says: "This beautiful little bird can teach us much about proper family relationships. It can help us in healing family hurts and restoring family love. 
Red-breasted grosbeak


Chickadees and the titmouse are from the same family. Andrews didn't have anything specific about the titmouse but of the chickadee he said that the Cherokee Indians consider it to be a "bird of truth." He also said "There are seven kinds of chickadees and this is the most significant to those with this totem. Seven has an ancient mysticism associated with it throughout the world. It is a sacred number... a symbol of the individual rising from the material plan of life, as depicted in the ancient imgage of the triangle (3) upon the square (4). It has association with the seven rays of power, the seven major planets, the seven bodies of the human being and the seven chakra centers." 


Tufted titmouse



According to Mr. Andrews, Doves represent the feminine energies of Peace, maternity and prophecy.  "The dove has a tremendous wealth of lore and legend surrounding it. Most of it centers around all of the traditional feminine and mother symbols. In Greek tradition, Aphrodite was born from an egg  brooded by a dove."  There's a lot more, but I don't feel like typing it.





Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to inspire, encourage and persuade the Universe to grant me large and small wishes.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my house
  • my back yard
  • my camera
  • the bird feeder
  • nature
  • woodchucks
  • birds
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • Pandora Radio
  • music
  • ear phones
  • lemon sherbert
  • cheese
  • my microwave
  • my kitchen
  • strawberry/banana yogurt smoothies
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Sam-e
  • IP-6
  • Netflix
  • computer games
  • the flowering quince
  • dandylions
  • Nintendo
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truck load of money (big bills)
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • a clothes dryer
  • paid off mortgage
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a Bose sound system
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • my friends
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • sight
  • hearing
  • the ability to type
  • the ability to read and write
  • resilience
  • hope
  • indoor plumbing
  • V-8 Splash Fruit Medley
  • Crocs
  • Ibuprofen
  • laughter
  • movies
  • skin cream
  • words
  • poetry
  • books
  • compassion
  • love
  • life



WISHING YOU A GLORIOUS DAY!

No comments: