Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Daily Reminder # 352


Was going to do just gratitude this evening, but think I'll steal from Neale Donald Walsh again, if for no other reason than to space out the absurd number of photos I'm posting.  Interestingly, I tried to use a different message from Neale and God and it woudn't paste in right.  I think that's because the one below is the one that I was meant to post. Maybe the friend for whom these daily reminders are created needed to hear this. Or maybe somebody else did. 






The back yard was exceedingly generous today. I saw two species of bird that I have never seen before - a red breasted grosbeak (didn't get a photo, alas) and an indigo bunting. What  a gorgeous bird. And there was a pileated woodpecker too. Those guys are huge and kind of ugly - and of course it was at the far end of the yard so my pictures stink, but still... you'll get the idea.


I've decided to name my woodchuck Chauncey.  Of
course Chauncey may be a girl, but I'm sticking with that
name. Chauncey spent almost the whole day visiting
and even came up by the porch. Wonderful!










Even the robin came right up by the porch today....



The colors of  Spring are so beautiful. Bet those lilacs
smell good too. Wish I had some in my yard.
I thought the textures and shades of color were
really beautiful, like an impressionist painting.

On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
...that the unexpected is waiting for you. And it contains
great good.

Our next insight, our next opening, our next opportunity
often comes when we least expect it. Never think for a
moment that "the game is over." It is not.

Just when all the chips are down, the chins should be up.
So...chin up. This round may not have gone well, but I
promise you, this is not the last word.

Love, Your Friend.... 
neale

Too bad he was so far away. I think he's kind of
hideous in a wonderful way... and HUGE!

I love cat birds. They just seem sweet to me.


The indigo bunting didn't come close, but it was amazing
to see that brilliant blue color... and it did at least spend
some time on the flowering quince. But not on MY feeder.
Sigh. Maybe tomorrow.


Chipumunk also hung out around the house for quite
a long time today.... 



Even came up on the porch and posed and did
some entertaining grooming.



Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to inspire the Creative Forces of the Universe to lavish me with abundance and cool stuff and to do it sooner than might otherwise happen.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my house
  • my back yard
  • pileated woodpeckers
  • chipmunks
  • indigo buntings
  • red breasted grosbeaks
  • robins sparrows
  • chipmunks
  • woodchucks
  • blue jays
  • cardinals
  • grackles
  • crows
  • hummingbirds
  • watermelon
  • bird feeders
  • my camera
  • glass
  • windows
  • spring colors
  • textures
  • trees in blossom
  • butterflies
  • bumblebees
  • my  TV
  • the remote control
  • water
  • Spring
  • a clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • paid off mortgage
  • Nintendo
  • a Bose sound system
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a truckload of money
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • watermelon
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my computer
  • email
  • reconnecting with old friends
  • the ability to read and write
  • friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • beauty
  • paper towels
  • indoor plumbing
  • my microwave
  • bagels and cream cheese
  • chocolate soy silk
  • reiki
  • angels
  • Netflix
  • music
  • ear phones
  • Pandora radio
  • computer games
  • Sam-e
  • ibuprofen
  • Vitamin D-3
  • IP-6
  • Omega-3
  • my cane
  • my red chair
  • that my legs still hold me up and get me around
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • my teeth
  • toothpaste
  • my electric toothbrush
  • Listerine
  • electricity
  • my rock collection
  • recycling
  • Delaware Opportunities
  • inspiration
  • imagination
  • the ability to think
  • the ability to type
  • words
  • poetry
  • books
  • resilience
  • hope
  • love
  • life

Bye! How cute is that tail?

Have a Grand and Glorious Day! 
May You Recognize That Setbacks 
Are Merely Divine Course Corrections!

No comments: