Friday, May 20, 2011

Daily Reminder # 354


Red breasted grosbeak
Just gratitude again today.  Strange day here. I fixed the arm of my chair. It is swathed in duct tape, so hopefully it won't fall off or crack any further. Margaret washed glass on the back door so if it had been a decent day and there had been a lot of feathered visitors, I might have had some good photos. It wasn't; there weren't. Margaret also confirmed that the carpenter bees ARE eating my house. I'm not sure what to do about them. Sigh.



The cool blue bird and the indigo bunting still seem unwilling to expand their territory from the neighbor's feeder to mine. I am deeply grieved by this, though glad to see them at all. The red breasted grosbeak did return just long enough for me to take the photo above and then it was off. Gwendolyn Chipmunk and the bunny both visited, but weather made my bunny pictures sort of yucky and Gwen was being shy in the tall grass. Still, I got good news from the friend for whom I write these and that's always wonderful.


Terrible photo... before the glass was washed and the bird
is very far away. I have no idea what it is. From googling,
I'm guessing maybe it's a mourning dove. Maybe
My friend for whom I post these reminders once planted
in my head the re-lyric-ed song: "You're no bunny til some
bunny loves you, etc."  I never see a bunny without having
that tune run through my head. 


Tufted titmouse at prayer....

Some things I'm grateful for today:  (Items in red are pre-gratitude, expressed in the hope that the Creative forces of the Universe, hearing my thank yous will scratch their Creative heads and say... oops... better get that to her right away!)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • Clean glass on the back door
  • Margaret
  • mail
  • my camera
  • bird feeders
  • email
  • birds familiar and new
  • trees
  • dramatic skies
  • bunnies
  • groceries
  • variety
  • duct tape
  • Miracle Foot Repair cream
  • coffee and International Delight
  • Drugstore.com with Ebates 12% rebate
  • my microwave
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • Netflix
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • a clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • Nintendo
  • a Bose sound system
  • paid off mortgage
  • a truckload of money
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • winning lottery numbers
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • ibuprofen
  • Sam-e
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Omega-3
  • new acquaintances
  • good news
  • my neices, my newphew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • the garbage man
  • email
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to think
  • the ability to type
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • compassion
  • emotions
  • paper towels
  • water
  • V-8 Splash
  • ear phones
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • laughter
  • the Arab Spring
  • SSD
  • words
  • poetry
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • lofty ideas
  • books
  • music
  • laughter
  • resilience
  • love
  • life


Wishing You A Lovely Day!

1 comment:

The Bug said...

Looks like a mourning dove to me - we have a lot in our back yard. I'm loving all your birds & critters!