Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Daily Reminder # 358

Female Red-breasted Grosbeak
I think she's so much prettier than her flashier mate.
It was an interesting day at the back door. Two more birds that I've never seen before. I just love that! I woke up today feeling down in the dumps. Tara Grace was missing. She manages sometimes to blend in so that I can't find her and I tend to start thinking she's dead even though I know she's not. And it was one of those days when my legs don't work so well and I get to counting the days until I'm dragged off to a home or to the great beyond. Being neurotic sucks. Pain sucks. Luckily, sometimes I can be distracted from this kind of wallowing in self pity. Computer games help sometimes. Dr. Jim almost always helps. But my camera and pretty new birds make a world of difference. I think (as Neale Donald Walsh and today's message from God suggest) that's because love is a powerful force for good and healing in the world. I won't say that my legs knees don't hurt or that my depression has vanished. But they have lost their power to rule my day because something I love over-rode the power of that energy. At least for now.



On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
...that love, in fact, is the agent of universal synthesis.

Pierre Teilhard De Chardin said that, and he was right.
It is the energy that ties everything together...and
everything falls apart without it.

If your own life is "falling apart" at some level, maybe
it's time to add some love. But don't wait to receive it.
Act like you can't wait to give it. 

Smother life with love and watch everything come
together again!

Love, Your Friend.... 

neale




I've never seen a red-headed sparrow before, never
even knew that such a thing existed. How cool is that!
I think he looks kind of like he dipped his head in red
paint or got hit by a powder puff, but he's interesting.












I know I'm repeating myself, but I think she's so much
prettier than her flashy spouse. Love this bird.
One of my favorite things about getting close-ups of birds is discovering
the amazing secret flashes of color that they sometimes hide beneath wings.









Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude - an attempt to seduce the Creative forces of the Universe into responding to the wishes of my heart.... and to bring me a lot of money so I can help myself and others to have easier lives.)
This is not black and white. That's
how gray the sky was all day
today and yesterday and....
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my house
  • my back yard
  • birds
  • my camera
  • my computer
  • seeing something new
  • chipmunks
  • woodchucks
  • Dr. Jim
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the internet
  • You-Tube
  • Neale Donald Walsh
  • reiki
  • angels
  • turkey vultures in flight
  • that Tara Grace isn't dead
  • that Angel is sleeping sweetly
  • cheese
  • yogurt and gogi berries
  • a clothes dryer
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • Nintendo
  • a Bose sound system
  • Sam-e
  • Vitamin D-3
  • IP-6
  • Omega-3
  • laughter
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • skin cream
  • the smell of white sage
  • sight
  • beauty
  • touch
  • hearing
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • taste
  • food
  • sense of smell
  • ibuprofen
  • my mattress
  • good movies
  • The King's Speech
  • good actors
  • email
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • my friends
  • my neighbors
  • bird feeders
  • hummingbirds
  • faith that the sun is still there
  • that it didn't rain
  • resilience
  • love
  • joy
  • hope
  • life

Don't know why, but I just love it when Chubby Chauncey
walks around with a big leaf in his mouth.

MAY YOU BE WRAPPED IN LOVE 

TODAY AND EVERY DAY

2 comments:

quilly said...

Suddenly I have developed arthritis (yes, diagnosed). Opening jars and using the can opener -- even just carrying a plate across the room or combing my hair -- can cause searing pain in my hands and elbow, BUT when I am gardening, which I love, I don't feel any pain. When I finish for the day and start packing my tools away the pain comes in huge waves and I realize it was there all along but my joy eclipsed it.

San said...

I will burn some white sage in our behalf. As the delectable aroma wafts around my studio, I will humbly ask for a truckload of money (big bills) to miraculously wind its way to your place as well as mine, stopping of course to restock before it arrives here. Couldn't hurt, could it? : D