Thursday, May 19, 2011

Daily Reminder # 353


Just gratitude and pictures tonight. Not too many birds today, (except the hummingbird twins who are now regulars), especially on my feeder. I'm developing a complex because the cool, rare birds all seem to be hanging out next door. What does their feeder have that mine doesn't?  Really!? But Chauncey the Woodchuck was here and Gwendolyn Chipmunk (I have no idea of the gender of either but that's what I've named them) spent a good deal of time cleaning up under the feeder (Gwen) and chewing on my flowering quince (Chauncey).  Even though the cool birds are hanging out a yard away, I still did get to see my first bluebird today, which makes three new birds in two days. Tara's nose is mega congested again, so if anybody who would like to send good thoughts her way, I'd be very grateful. Now lots of pictures again and some gratitude.




Indigo bunting.
Bluebird!  (Next door.... sigh.... but better there than not....)

Purple Marten

Not the picture I was looking for, but it makes me laugh.
It was very windy here today... he turned just as I
snapped - and the wind caught his feathers....

and then the critters who visited....




Gwendolyn









Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, my effort to persuade the Creative forces of the Universe to add wealth and comfort to my life.... Not that I'm not grateful for how well I'm living as a poor person, but...)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my back yard
  • my camera
  • chipmunks
  • woodchucks
  • birds
  • bird feeders 
  • wildflowers
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • my cane
  • my red chair
  • that I can sort of walk (enough to get around)
  • Sam-e
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Ibuprofen
  • my microwave
  • yogurt and gogi berries
  • coffee and International Delight
  • water
  • ear phones
  • music
  • computer games
  • YouTube
  • email
  • Amazon.com
  • open windows
  • litter box changed and garbage out
  • a clothes dryer
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • paid off mortgage
  • more flowers in my back yard
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a truckload of money
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • winning lottery numbers
  • Nintendo
  • a Bose sound system
  • the right to be greedy/want things
  • the ability to do the above with a sense of humor
  • the stilling (she's not gone) of my mother's voice in my head
  • a therapist with a sense of humor 
  • Miracle Foot Repair cream
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • my Tibetan salt lamp
  • electricity
  • sight
  • taste
  • smell
  • touch
  • hearing
  • empathy
  • old friends
  • newer friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy
  • encountering new things
  • Dennis Puffett
  • Netflix
  • soap operas (I know they are stupid, but...)
  • PBS
  • tragic kitties in funny poses
  • gray kitties with stuffy noses
  • indoor plumbing
  • my house
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • possibilities
  • resilience
  • good memories
  • the smell of white sage
  • the sound of falling rain
  • Jon Stewart 
  • Stephen Colbert
  • laughter
  • words
  • ideas
  • inspiration
  • compassion
  • love
  • hope
  • life



Wishing you a SPLENDID Day!

No comments: