Sunday, April 03, 2011

Daily Reminder # 307


It was almost Spring-like today. The sky was blue with pretty clouds and the temperature was in the 40s. There's still snow on the ground but none of it is NEW. This is good.  I'm going to let Neale Donald Walsh do the work again today. This one resonates with me because I was raised to betray myself and I spent 40 plus years doing so. Much as I loathe Ayn Rand and what she preached politically, I have to admit that The Virtue of Selfishness was a life-changing book for me. It had never occurred to me before that, that I mattered at all. Alas, it took a lot of years between the dawn of that idea and a half dozen tragedies that cracked me open and forced me to really explore it. When you have been raised that way, it takes a long time to recognize self betrayal and a long time to realize that everyone deserves love - even you. Anyway... I think this is an important message from Neale and God. 


On this day of your life, dear friend...that betrayal 
of yourself in order not to betray another is 
betrayal nonetheless. It is the Highest Betrayal.

You are not avoiding betrayal by betraying 
yourself, you are merely choosing whom to 
betray. In fact, there is no such thing as "betrayal." 
There is only the truth, finally spoken.

That is not betrayal at all. That is love.
 For another, and for yourself. 
Can you love that much?

You know exactly why you 
received this message today.

Love, Your Friend....
neale





Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my camera
  • blue skies
  • fluffy clouds
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • Netflix
  • coffee and Int'l Delight
  • cave kitty hugs
  • water
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • Tibetan salt lamps
  • my computer
  • music
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • winning lottery numbers
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a clothes dryer
  • fresh paint on my living and bedroom walls
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • Nintendo
  • a Bose sound system
  • email
  • the smell of white sage
  • my cane
  • my red chair
  • that my legs still get me from room to room
  • sight
  • hearing
  • touch
  • smell
  • taste
  • food
  • reiki
  • angels
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • Neale Donald Walsh
  • therapy
  • new ideas
  • lessons learned
  • my friends
  • google
  • You-Tube
  • my microwave
  • my oven
  • beauty
  • hope
  • inspiration
  • laughter
  • life



HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
BE GOOD TO YOURSELF!

No comments: