Friday, April 15, 2011

Daily Reminder # 319

You can't see from this photo how totally puffed out
this little guy's cheeks are or that the little thing he's
nibbling was as long as his body when he started
swallowing it. He ate several more and his cheeks
got puffier and puffier. I'm not too happy with the
photos but it was wonderful to watch him chow down.
Except that it started painfully early (the weatherizers had to come back and do some things and they had to come and do them at 8:00 am which means I got about 4 hours of sleep), it was a pretty good day. A touch chilly, but Spring is HERE!  I'm always awed by how even though I watch for changes every day as the season moves in, and I see subtle shifts - still - I find myself surprised - as I was by the color of the big trees across the street. It's just awesome.




And of course I love having the birds back and the chipmunks and the squirrels and the daffodils and the green in the grass. It makes my eyes happy as though they have been staring all winter and are finally given food or like the color is water in a color desert where my Spirit and I have been trapped for four or five months.




Anyway, it was a pretty good day as far as my eyes were concerned. Color is back. Critters are back. The weatherizers fixed the front door which is also nice. A good day except for being REALLY tired. Well, that and the news that ABC is cancelling two of my soap operas. All My Children and One Life to Live are both being cancelled. This is probably a good thing. They are stupid and they annoy me... but that said, I have watched them faithfully for many years. It's like being told a whole bunch of close friends have been killed in a plane crash or something. One show is going off the air in January and the other in ... I forget. Sigh. 


My friend Dan did my taxes - I don't have enough stipend to owe anything, but I like to fine anyway. Margaret and I washed the sheets and blankets and she took them off to the laundromat to dry them. Nice to have clean sheets and a freshly changed bed. Of all the things on my wish list, a clothes dryer is probably the one that would do the most to make my life easier. Speaking of making life easier, the bids on the next phase
of my fairy god agency's munificence is in process. A winning bid has been selected so I imagine it may not be too long before there is more pounding and sawing and uproar. I don't imagine any of the things on this list will take more than a day, though, so it will probably be a short-lived uproar and I'll have a new back door, a wider bathroom door, a hinged Angel gate, and upgraded electricity. How awesome is that!


Some things I'm grateful for today: (items in red are pre-gratitude - a form of hope and inspiration and and effort to blackmail the Universe into doing what I want.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my friends
  • weatherization done
  • SPRING!!!!!
  • chipmunks
  • color
  • flowers
  • green
  • birds
  • my front door closes 
  • my computer
  • my TV
  • soap operas
  • water
  • beauty
  • my camera
  • Netflix
  • a clothes dryer
  • Nintendo
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a Bose sound system
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a paid off mortgage
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • the internet
  • reiki
  • angels
  • ear phones
  • taxes filed (thanks Dan)
  • rice chips
  • hummus
  • strawberry/banana yogurt smoothies
  • coffee and Int'l delight
  • the garbage man
  • Delaware Opportunities
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Sam-e
  • IP-6
  • Viralys
  • sunshine
  • blue skies with fluffy clouds
  • blossoming trees
  • clean sheets
  • no need to turn the heat on
  • Margaret
  • the Office for the Aging
  • clean sheets and blankets
  • my red chair
  • my cane
  • that my legs still hold me up and shuffle me around
  • email
  • Wordzzles
  • words
  • the English language
  • poetry
  • music
  • ideas
  • daffodils
  • yellow
  • pink/pinky orange
  • buds on branches
  • sparrows
  • robins
  • grackles
  • turkey vultures
  • flight
  • friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • my  late sister whose birthday is tomorrow
  • hope
  • resilience
  • inspiration
  • kindness
  • life


HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY
No matter what the season where you live,
may you have Spring in your heart!

1 comment:

Atlanta Roofing said...

I cannot believe this, it's not like they don't have a large following, I have been a soap fan since I was a little girl and it started with Love of Life and Search for Tomorrow. One life to live has been on the forefront on real issues for years now and don't deserve to be cut. All my children I must admit has gotten a little boring and I hope they end it with some happy endings instead of the same o same o.. God knows I will miss them, I rush home from work to watch my DVR every day and have been an ABC Soap fan forever...I think it’s a huge mistake, but can't buck the people with the bucks pun intended.