Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Daily Reminder # 156


Well, the election results aren't really in yet but it doesn't look good for my team. There were some races that were a relief, some that make me very sad. I guess it's the price we pay for living in a free country. People can   vote against their own good (or for their own very selfish good in some cases) and people can sit at home and not vote at all and the rest of us have to live with the results and hope the country survives.  My task now, is to start living by the things I say I believe - focus on what's good. Trust that good ultimately triumphs, try not to spend my days feeling angry. REALLY follow my therapist's advice about not listening to the news so much. I will never survive if I listen too much to Sarah Palin, John Boehner and Eric Cantor and some others. 




So.... I voted. I got at least one other person to go vote. In my own state, the results weren't too bad. It looks like my beloved Congressman, Maurice Hinchey, will win and the Dems won governor and both Senate seats. I have to say that I don't understand my country. I don't understand the choice of some people who seem not just inept but unintelligent and unkind. It is what it is, I guess. I just feel like Obama has gotten such an unfair deal. He has done much and it may be undone if these people get too much power. They will undoubtedly get credit for some of the good he has done as it starts to bear fruit. Sometimes life just seems unjust. 


Now I'll stop whining and be grateful.




Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • the right to vote
  • absentee ballots
  • Democracy
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my friends
  • that Congressman Hinchey got reelected
  • my microwave oven
  • orange pineapple smoothies
  • blue skies
  • my SSD
  • my cane
  • my red chair
  • my comfortable bed
  • free game downloads
  • movies/Netflix
  • my house
  • food stamps
  • HEAP
  • electricity
  • water
  • heat
  • eyes to see
  • ears to hear
  • the mute button on my TV
  • the last autumn colors
  • Life

The last of the Fall colors
HAVE A GRAND DAY!

2 comments:

Argent said...

I think it would be a shame if Obama's changes get undone. The trouble with listening to too much news is that most of the time we can't affect it directly. I'm grateful for running water, rubber gloves and bleach (don't ask!)

San said...

That's a good list of blessings, Raven. Here in NM we have a new Republican governor. UGH. But our Democratic contender didn't run a strong campaign. With both candidates it was the same old tired platitudes and since the Democrat had been lt. gov. under a governor that many people were tired of, the results were as predicted. UGH.