Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Daily Reminder # 162


Setting an intention is a powerful thing.


One of the best things I ever learned about doing reiki is the concept of setting intention and then trusting the energy to know what to do.  The person who taught me this is a man named Serge Kahili King, a teacher of Hawaiian mysticism. His book The Urban Shaman is one of my favorites.  Anyway, he explained that when you try to think the flow of energy you actually impede the process. It would be like trying to think about how you walk: you would either fall down or go much slower. But if you set the intention for the energy to move between your hands or from you to person X, the energy knows what to do.... just like your muscles know what to do when you decide to walk across a room.


On my blog travels for the Blog Blast for Peace (see Nov. 4 post), I ran across this nifty sight where you can light a candle (or 100) for someone or something. It's pretty cool. Your candle will burn for 48 hours and then you can light a new one. In some ways, lighting a candle with a prayer is a way of setting an intention and letting it move into the world. Or maybe it is. I figure there's no harm in saying a prayer and sending that thought into the world. Thoughts have power.


I just realized that it's Diwali - a festival of candles... so Happy Diwali to all who celebrate that lovely holiday... and to all those who don't.


That's it for today.


Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my therapist, James Mulry
  • sam-e
  • gogi berry juice
  • coconut oil
  • my microwave
  • candles
  • light
  • angels
  • reiki
  • sweaters
  • colors
  • matches
  • my computer
  • friends
  • life



HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY

May Your Wishes Come True/Your Prayers Be Answered

3 comments:

CyberCelt said...

May all your wishes and dreams come true. Angels surround you. Call upon them when needed.

I have always liked this quote:

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.
~Mary Anne Radmache

izzy said...

I try to use a candle to center and calm
myself. The glass I am currently using is red. (I used to have a deep blue one.)
Intention is akin to an arrow, it is aimed at something. I agree I do not want to tell energy HOW to get somewhere
only that I wish, intend to aim 'toward'
Peace, etc. Thanks for the book suggestion!

Kate said...

I love the picture and thanks for the information...I hadn't heard that before! I love that I learn at least one new thing everyday!