Monday, November 08, 2010

Daily Reminder #161



Thank you to everyone for your good wishes and good thoughts.  Late again with my Daily Reminder and still feeling mentally too sluggish for wordzzles.  Got this in my email this morning and thought it was a good reminder.  I have concern about what will happen to Angel and Tara Grace if I kick the bucket ahead of schedule (I have asked them to die before me). My niece Diana has promised to either adopt them or find good homes for them.


This little video resonated with me for another reason. Right now I'm feeling old and dreadfully mortal. I kind of resonate with these dogs. When I have an especially hard time walking (which I am right now), I start thinking I'll end up in a nursing home like my mother only there will be nobody to care about me and then I get to wallowing in self pity over something that hasn't happened and so on and so forth.... so anyway... a video today.





And of course gratitude.


Some things I'm grateful for today:

  • my furnace
  • my computer
  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my nieces and my nephew
  • coffee
  • International Delight
  • cottage cheese & fritos (really)
  • water
  • legs that carry me (grudgingly but they do it)
  • my cane
  • my red chair
  • tears
  • laughter
  • life


HAVE A GREAT DAY!

1 comment:

Kate said...

What a sweet video. I never thought about these "elder" dogs. When we're dog searching next (hopefully no sooner than a decade or more), I'll have to keep this in mind!