Monday, October 17, 2011

Daily Reminder # 502




Well, today was chilly and quiet. I spent too much time and Huffington Post again. I'm still deeply troubled by the virulent racism and hate being expressed with increasing openness. I guess it's better to have it overt than covert, but it's still yucky. Then there is the hope and excitement that Occupy Wall Street inspires. And my anxiety about the contractor who said he will come "some time this week" to fix the Angel gate. I'm SO anxious about it. In my head he is mad at me and I have done wrong and on and on.  On top of that, I'm pretty sure he turned my furnace off when he did the electric work so I have to ask him to fix that and again the voices in my head are taking turns beating me up and imagining hostile scenarios. It's exhausting. And of course I'm getting a bit anxious that he won't turn it back on, or that that isn't the problem, or...  Since the weatherizing people cleaned and repaired it shortly before D&N came and did his work and since they accidentally turned it off, probably that's what happened. I hope. I just wish it was behind me.
I should add that I think the weatherizing that Delaware Opportunities did for me last Spring is going to make it a much nicer winter. The house has felt snug even without my furnace and temperatures dipping down towards freezing.






My neighbor is home from prison so my lawn got mowed for the first time in at least 2 months and the last time this season. Trees have a little color, more than I thought we were going to get, but not the magnificent nature art of other years.




I should probably share a Neale Donald Walsch but I don't feel like making the effort.  I'm brooding with yet another desire. Wondering whether if I got a Kindle, I might read more than I am doing at present. I love reading but I just can't seem to motivate myself to pick up a book and I can't really afford to buy a lot of books in any case. But am I that much of a computer junkie? Would I spend $80 that I don't have and just have another unused thing collecting dust? Or would it spur me to read again.  I don't know. But the craving is there. Time will tell. I wish I'd win Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. Maybe next month.  But for now...




Some things I'm grateful for today:  (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to inspire excessive generosity in the Creative Forces of the Universe and speed up delivery of my Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes winning and other good things.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my little house
  • water
  • Dr. Jim
  • President Obama
  • eloquence
  • Martin Luther King 
  • (read a bunch of wonderful quotes today)
  • Chocolate Soy Silk
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my computer
  • Netflix
  • the internet
  • computer games
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • ear phones
  • YouTube
  • Google
  • modern technology (as long as it works)
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • beauty
  • kitty hugs
  • paper towels
  • my cane
  • my chair/walker
  • that my legs still get me around with help
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • free stuff
  • my kitchen
  • my refrigerator
  • my microwave
  • my back yard
  • the view from my front window
  • my teeth
  • my electric toothbrush
  • Listerine
  • a clothes dryer
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • a paid off mortgage
  • winning lottery numbers
  • Nintendo
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • my fuzzy robe
  • weatherizing
  • coconut oil
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • matches
  • the smell of white sage
  • sight
  • hearing
  • taste
  • touch
  • smell
  • Healing with the Masters
  • Dennis Puffett
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • the boom box by my bed
  • scissors
  • Dr. Bronner soaps
  • my camera
  • words
  • art
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • the joy of singing
  • my mattress
  • blankets
  • cool night air
  • the telephone
  • Advil
  • determination
  • resilience
  • imagination
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • humor
  • laughter
  • compassion
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • Occupy Wall Street
  • my friends
  • neighbors
  • a freshly mowed lawn
  • fall colors
  • love
  • laughter
  • life

MAY YOU HAVE A GRAND AND GLORIOUS DAY!

2 comments:

The Bug said...

I got a kindle with some Christmas money last January. I LOVE it! It's light & portable - it's really easy to download books - I can make the font big so I don't have to wear my reading glasses - you can now download library books if you want to... I didn't use it a lot for the first few months after I got it, but recently I've been going to town.

Since you're not super mobile I think it's a really good idea - you don't even have to leave your chair to start reading a new book.

It's not the SAME as reading an actual book - harder to flip back through the pages (for me) - but if you're not reading very much anyway it might be the gadget you need.

I want to tell you to not sweat the contractor - & who cares what he thinks anyway - but I know from my own experience that anxiety doesn't work that way. I'll wish you peace anyway!

Raven said...

Thanks for the good words about the contractor. I know it's irrational, but those voices are very strong in me. This too shall pass.

Thanks for the feedback about Kindle. Maybe I'll get myself one for Christmas if I can swing it.