Thursday, October 20, 2011

Daily Reminder # 505




My day began with a rainbow this morning as I looked out the k


Well, I want to share some of the material from the Healing with the Masters call with Marci Shimoff because I thought it was just wonderful and material that pretty much anyone or everyone could use.  The audio is still up for the moment, I think, so if you have an hour, I really hope you will listen, but just in case people can't, I really wanted to share what I could remember of this wonderful material.  Marci Shimoff is the author of a couple of books Happy for No Reason and Love for No Reason, so the topic for the call was love and forgiveness. 


One of the early things she said was that "love is a physiological state we can live in."  She then went on to share three "love Mantras."  


The first mantra is: Love is who we are. (It is our nature and our essence.)


The second mantra is:  The purpose of our life is to love. (It is the whole reason we are on the planet.)


The third mantra is:  The portal to love is the heart. 






A couple of quotes I liked from the interview:


"Our job is not to create love, because love is who we are, but to remove blocks to letting that vibration flow."  She then offered an easy heart connection exercise that takes about 3-5 minutes and can be done anywhere, any time.


"When you are angry for 5 minutes it will suppress your immune system for 5-6 hours."






Then she talked about how we all have happiness set points - if you win the lottery, you may be really happy for a time but then you will revert to your happiness set point unless  you work to shift what that set point is. Same is true for love.  Next she offered this exercise for raising the heart set point.  It's called The Love Response. Very simple.  You can do it with eyes open or closed.


Begin (step 1) by putting palm of  your hand over your heart. That immediately raises the level of oxytocin in the body. Then begin (step 2) breathing through your heart. Depending on what works best for you picture or sense your breath coming going in and out through the center of your heart.  Finally (step 3) imagine that you are breathing in love, compassion, ease....   It's as simple as that. she recommend that you try doing it 3x a day for 2 weeks and see if you feel a difference in your state of mind. She adds that when you do it as a regular practice, just putting your hand over your heart automatically shifts your state of mind.






Then she talked (I think) about forgiveness and a Hawaiian tradition called Ho'oponopono (really hard to spell). It's a practice I had heard of before in which families or communities gather to practice forgiveness and heal rifts in the family. This version is a mantra -like version you can use for self-healing.  (Forgiveness is about healing yourself, not the other person).  Anyway, her version involves the following prayer/mantra consisting of four phrases:  I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank You. I love  you.


She talked about using the ho'oponopono when she was have a quarrel with her sister. They weren't speaking and they were at a family gathering to help their aging mother move from the family home. They were avoiding eye contact and each other. She was feeling miserable about it and left the house to get some air, remembered this exercise and went and sat in her car, doing the prayer once for her sister and once for herself. At the end felt something release and said she realized that her sister wasn't mad at her about what they had quarreled about but about a life-time of things and she was able to see things more from her sister's perspective. The really amazing thing though was when she went back into the house she didn't say anything about what she had done or even approach her sister, but after about 5 minutes her sister came over and took her hand and said "come on, let's go pack up mom's closet."  There's more to the story, but that's gives an idea.






She talked about a South African woman at the Truth and Reconciliation healings who was asked to confront a police officer who had tortured and murdered her husband and son while she watched. He did not deny doing this. Said he was obeying orders and doing what he was told to do. She was asked to share what restitution she wanted. First, she asked for the location of the bodies of her husband and son so that she could give them a proper burial. Second, she said that because she was a Christian, she believed in forgiveness and she wanted him to know that she forgave him. Lastly, she said, "I am a mother with heart full of love and no one to give to give that love to, so I want to adopt you as my son, so that I may give you the love I have in my heart." At this point the police officer fainted. When he regained consciousness, he replied, "I absolutely accept your offer."    I think that story is so amazing. I'm sure she expressed it better, but hope you get the sense of it.






She then led the group through an exercise called The Divine Grace and Divine Forgiveness Prayer, which she learned from a woman named Elena Lieberman. She combines it with a hand exercise which I think she learned from somebody else but my notes are a little garbled. This is my favorite exercise of the ones she talked about. It is to help clear body mind and spirit and it just felt really good to me. It's the main reason I wanted to share all of this.  The words of the prayer are as follows:  


If there is anyone or anything that has hurt me in the past knowingly or unknowingly I forgive and release it.  If I have hurt anyone in the past knowingly or unknowingly, I forgive and release it. I ask for the highest good for everyone and myself and I forgive myself.


This prayer is repeated 3 times, once with each of the following hand actions.


First position:  Take the thumb of your right hand and place it lightly on the center of the palm of the left hand, a spot known as the Main Grace Point.  This point releases any contracted energy in your system focuses system on insights, and helps create positive reference points and new insights. Say the prayer: If there is anyone or anything that has hurt me in the past knowingly or unknowingly I forgive and release it.  If I have hurt anyone in the past knowingly or unknowingly, I forgive and release it. I ask for the highest good for everyone and myself and I forgive myself.


Second position: Take the thumb of your right hand and place it lightly on the outside of the hand below the pinky finger - about half way down.  This is the body release point and releases any stuck energy in the body, any issues, judgments, beliefs or emotions stuck in the body so the flow of life is restored. Say the prayer: If there is anyone or anything that has hurt me in the past knowingly or unknowingly I forgive and release it.  If I have hurt anyone in the past knowingly or unknowingly, I forgive and release it. I ask for the highest good for everyone and myself and I forgive myself.


Third position: Take the thumb and forefinger of the right hand and lightly grip the webbing between the thumb and fore-finger of the left hand.  This is the Genetic or ancestry Lineage point and  releases issues, judgments, beliefs and emotions passed down through our DNA or taken on through family connections.  Say the prayer:  If there is anyone or anything that has hurt me in the past knowingly or unknowingly I forgive and release it.  If I have hurt anyone in the past knowingly or unknowingly, I forgive and release it. I ask for the highest good for everyone and myself and I forgive myself.


I just love that... and I felt like it was truly powerful. 



There was a little bit more, but I think maybe I'll leave it at that and do gratitude.  



Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an effort to inspire affection and generosity towards me on the part of the Creative Forces of the Universe... and speedy delivery of cash and prizes to delight the greedy heart.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my home
  • Marci Shimoff
  • Healing with the Master
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • email
  • ear phones
  • music
  • the joy of singing
  • the joy of listening
  • rainbows
  • sight
  • hearing
  • smell
  • taste
  • touch
  • special treats
  • Margaret
  • Office for the Aging
  • my SSD
  • groceries
  • pretzels
  • root beer 
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • abundant water for drinking and bathing
  • forks
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • my rock collection
  • colors
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • freedom for Libyans
  • patience
  • beautiful, dramatic clouds
  • coconut oil
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • that my niece Cindy had a good birthday (Oct. 20th)
  • my camera
  • Nintendo
  • more flowers in the back yard
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • winning lottery numbers
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • a clothes dryer
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • a paid off mortgage
  •  a ceiling fan in the bedroom
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • forgiveness
  • hope
  • my friends
  • my chair/walker
  • my cane
  • that my legs still get me from room to room with help
  • paper towels
  • the smell of white sage
  • my fuzzy robe
  • blankets
  • my nice mattress
  • computer games
  • books
  • words
  • poetry
  • beauty
  • imagination
  • inspiration
  • Jon Stewart
  • Stephen Colbert
  • kindness
  • love
  • laughter
  • life



I WISH YOU LOVE

No comments: