Sunday, October 30, 2011

Daily Reminder # 511


Pictures are still from yesterday, but mercifully the sun came out today and melted most of this colorlessness away. Hopefully Mother Nature will now wait to do more snow until it is a more appropriate time.  Not so sure because temperatures are supposed to go into the TEENS tonight. Geeze.  Letting Neale Donald Walsh and God do the talking again tonight.  It's odd, but I seem to be getting this same message from multiple sources. Love is the core of everything and it begins with ourselves. That is so counter to everything I was taught as a child. My mother did not approve of feeling good about yourself in any way. To her it was vanity and sinful. My brother did not approve of me getting approval for anything I did either. For him, it was jealousy. I get frightened if I have a positive thought about myself. Literally frightened. I'm better at it than I used to be, but I still have to fight the voices in my head that whisper, "who do you think you are? Self-love is the first step on the road to Hell..." I know better now, but the call of the voices is strong.


I like this little bear and also that there is just a hint
of green showing through the snow... just a hint....

On this day of your life, dear friend, 
I believe God wants you to know...
...that love is the center and the core of everything,
and that Self is the place where all love must begin.

Those who love others grandly are those who love
themselves grandly. Those who have a high toleration
and acceptance of others are those who have a high
toleration and acceptance of themselves.

You cannot show another a part of you that you
cannot show yourself. Therefore, begin where all
growth, where all evolution, where all love must begin:
with the person in the mirror.

Will you not love yourself grandly today? For the
world's sake?
Love, Your Friend.... 
neale



Some things I'm grateful for today: (Items in red are pre-gratitude, an attempt to induce feelings of profound generosity in the Creative Forces of the Universe, so that they will help me attain lost of good stuff and truckloads of cash. It's also just kind of fun to exercise my "it's ok to want stuff" muscles.)

  • Angel and Tara Grace
  • my furnace
  • sunshine and melting snow
  • water
  • peach/mango yogurt smoothies
  • soup
  • electricity
  • my Tibetan salt lamps
  • sight
  • hearing
  • smell
  • taste
  • touch
  • peppermint
  • allspice
  • lavender
  • white sage
  • my camera
  • my TV
  • the remote control
  • the mute button
  • my computer
  • the internet
  • computer games
  • indoor plumbing
  • paper towels
  • my fuzzy robe
  • my thermal shirt underneath the fuzzy robe
  • the garment underneath that
  • my mattress
  • blankets
  • that the glass in picture that fell off my wall didn't break
  • my cane
  • my chair/walker
  • that my legs still wobble me from room to room
  • coconut oil
  • Sam-e
  • Omega-3
  • IP-6
  • Vitamin D-3
  • Advil
  • Netflix
  • my friends
  • my nieces, my nephew and their families
  • that they are happy, healthy and successful
  • my great niece who had her 11th birthday today (boy, time flies!)
  • Paint Shop Pro
  • Google
  • YouTube
  • AIM
  • SKYPE
  • a clothes dryer
  • more flowers for the back yard
  • a sun room on the back of the house
  • new curtains
  • blinds for the front window
  • CLEAN windows (they are SO dirty)
  • a reading and healing with Nancy DuTertre
  • freshly painted living and bedroom walls
  • $5,000/week for life from PCH
  • winning lottery numbers
  • a truckload of money (big bills)
  • a paid off mortgage
  • zero balance on my credit cards
  • Nintendo
  • seeing the red list turn to black
  • reiki
  • angels
  • miracles
  • Dennis Puffett
  • Healing with the Masters
  • Neale Donald Walsch
  • music
  • Pandora radio
  • the joy of singing
  • the joy of listening
  • poetry
  • words
  • ideas
  • my rock collection
  • imagination
  • beauty
  • creativity
  • inspiration
  • the ability to read and write
  • the ability to type
  • the capacity to change
  • resilience
  • determination
  • courage
  • kitty hugs
  • ear phones
  • toy mice (Not the real one which is mercifully keeping a low profile)
  • the colors of the rainbow
  • kindness
  • humor
  • possibilities
  • passion
  • compassion
  • love
  • laughter
  • life

2 comments:

The Bug said...

I read a blog post the other day about love. It really made me consider the way I treat myself. Your post made me remember it. I think that maybe you would find some value there too.

http://ruthie822.blogspot.com/2011/10/what-i-have-learned-about-love.html

Argent said...

I was taught the same thing - don't big yourself up, you're not worth anything, don't get above your station. I think many of us have had our self-confidence stolen in tjis way. Don't let the voices steal yours!